"Books are the most loyal and trusted friends you can ever have".
Would you like to have a lover who never leave you alone, who never cheat you, never leave you in darkness, never make you unhappy. Just fall in love with books that never let you ever fall in battle of life. May be everything be replaced with another thing due to technological advancement in near future but one thing is very much sure that books can,t be replaced. Reading a book should always be a part of our routine. Books not only make us knowledgeable but also build up our confidence level, boost up your morale and make you feel like a thinker. It is very difficult to make a list of favourite books as it's just like to make a list of pearls from sea. Here is a list of books I read and opted that may change the way of your thinking and outlook .
1. Bhagvadgita or Gita - Bhagvadgita was originally composed in Sanskrit before thousands of years by Ved Vyas. This book is a collection of teachings of lord Krishna to Arjun in the battlefield of Kurukshetra. An inspirational and philosophical book having the ability to change the fortune of a person. Gita is having the complete solution of all the problems you are having and all the sufferings of life. After reading this book you will itself feel a positive energy within you and just after completing the last page of the book, you will realise that you lost a friend. This book is divided in 18 chapters and every chapter is concerned with the different aspects and philosophies of life. This book has been translated in more than 80 languages and is available in all major languages of the world.
2. Das Kapital- Das Kapital was originally written in German language and was published in 1867. Later it was translated in Russian and English and till now it has been translated in all the major languages. Das Kapital was written by German thinker and Economist Karl Marx. Das Kapital is an idealogy of Karl Marx on Economics, Philosophy and politics. Das Kapital was controversial book and was banned time to time in many countries. This book is said to be the bible of communism . Das Kapital played very vital role in Russian revolution, Labour movements and other communist movements. In Das Kapital Karl Marx advocated for socialist economy, labour welfare and non religious beliefs.
3. Anna Karenina- Anna Kerenina was originally published in 1878 in Russian language and later it was translated in English and all other major languages. Anna Kerenina is novel written by Russian author Leo Tolstoy. This book is considered as one of the best books ever written in world literature. Anna Kerenina deals with the customs, traditions, values, marriage, post martial affairs and Russian culture. This classical book was published in parts and is available in all major languages.
4. Godaan- Godaan is considered as one of the best books of world literature. Godaan was written by most recognised Hindi writer Munshi Premchand and was published in 1937. This classic book was originally published in Hindi and later it was translated in English, German, Russian, Urdu, Sanskrit and other major languages. A film and a serial has also being made based on Godaan. This novel is about the Hindu traditions, rural Indian culture and conservative Indian society.
5. The Alchemist- This book was originally written in Portuguese language and published in 1988. The Alchemist is an inspirational novel written by Brazilian author Paulo Coelho. The main character of this novel is a poor shepherd who roam one place to another with his sheep in search of treasure. Novel is based on the incidents that happened with poor boy, the teachings he learnt and how he achieved his goal through dedication . The Alchemist is one the best seller.
6. Lajja (Shame)- Shame is a novel published in 1992 originally in Bengali language and later translated in other major languages. This book is one of the best seller in English, Hindi and Bangali. Shame was written by Bangla Deshi writer and feminist Tasmila Nasreen. This novel was based on the riots that took place in 1992 against Bangladeshi Hindu minorities. This book was banned in Bangladeshi and Tasmila Nasreen was forced to leave Bangladesh after death threat by some fundamentalist groups.
7. Think and Grow Rich- Think and Grow Rich is one the best book written on business and money. This book was originally published in 1937 in English and is one of the best sellers. This book is a case study of 500 most successful and richest Americans of 1930s. How these people became successful and rich in very short span of time. What habits that make them different from others. This book was written by Napoleon Hill, an American author.
8. Rich Dad Poor Dad- Rich Dad Poor Dad is one of the best books ever written on investment. This book was written by Robert Kiyosaki and published in 1997. This book point out the importance of saving and investment. This book is a comparative study of a rich dad and a poor dad mentality. According to this book financial literacy is the only mean to achieve financial freedom and to get out of rat race.
9. The Intelligent Investor- The Intelligent Investor is one of the best book ever published on investment. It was published in 1949 and till now millions of copies have been sold. This book is the favourite book of great American investor Warren Buffet. This book emphasize the importance of investment and the factors keep in mind while selecting a stock for investment. This book was written by American writer Benzamin Graham.
10. How to win friends and influence people- This book was published in 1936 and till now millions of copies have been sold. If you are looking for an attracting personality and would like to learn the skills to attract anyone to whom you meet, you must read. This book is an excellent work of world famous writer Dale Carnegie.
11. The Secret- The secret is one of the best books I have ever read and suggest everyone to read. The Secret is based on law of attraction theory. According to this book fortune of a person is determined by his thoughts and he will become what he thinks. This book is best seller and more than 30 million copies have been sold so far. This book is available in all the major languages of the world. It published in 2006 and written by Australian author Rhonda Byrne.
12. Arthshastra- Arthshastra is one of the best books on politics and philosophy and considered the first book on politics. This book is a collection of teachings of Acharya Chankya to Chandragupt for the establishment of a welfare state. Even after thousand of year teachings of this book are behavioural in today's perspective. Arthshastra is available in all the major languages of the world.
13. The Piano Teacher- The Piano Teacher is a novel based on the a love relationship between a piano teacher and her student. This book was published in 1983 and written by Austrian Nobel Prize winner writer Elfriede Jelinek. The best part of the book is author has made justification with words that can be felt while reading the novel.
14. Lolita- Lolita is a Russian novel originally composed in french and later translated in Russian and other languages. Lolita is considered as one of the greatest work of 20th century. Lolita has got recognition and appreciation in literature world for justice with words. Lolita was also controversial book and was criticised by many for the subject matter. Lolita was listed in Time's all time best novels list. Lolita is about the love, romance, and sexual relationship of a middle aged man and a 12 years old girl. If subjects matter is kept aside, this novel is a beautiful work on literature. This novel was published in 1955 and was written by Russian author Bladimir Nabokov.
15. The east and the west- This book was written by Swami Vivekanand, the great thinker and philosopher. It was originally composed in Bengali and later translated in other languages. This book is basically a comparative study of east and west thinking, culture and life style. It was published in 1909.
16. Science of being and art of living- This book is basically a spiritual work of Great thinker and spiritual leader Mahesh Yogi. In the book Mahesh Yogi has suggested the natural and effortless ways to enjoy a stress free life. This book was published in 1963 and is available in all major languages.
17. The Psychology- Influence of persuasion- This book is basically a work and case study on human psychology to influence others. In the book author has identified and discussed the six principles of influence. This book was written by Psychology professor Robert B. Cialdini.
18. Outliers- The story of success- This book is a work of Malcolm Gladwell on success mantras. In the book has suggested the factors to be kept in mind to become successful through real life case studies.
19. The monk who sold his Ferrari- The monk who sold his Ferrari is a book based on spirituality and philosophy. The subject matter of the book is how one can leave the materialist world to join philosophical world. According to book the real happiness exist in self satisfaction, not in materialism. This book is written by Robin Sharma and has been translated in all major languages. It was published in 1999 and till now millions of copies have been sold.
20. Wings of Fire- It is one the finest autobiography I have ever read. Wings of fire is an autobiography of Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam. Everyone should read this book to know the struggles and the paths Dr. Kalam traveled to reach president house. This book was published in 1999 in English and is available in all other Indian languages.