Diwali is a great festivals of Hindus and is celebrated all over the world. On the day people worship goddess Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth and happiness. Business classes, stock traders and investors celebrate Diwali and worship Goddess Lakshmi with hope of prosperity and happiness. On the day people buy some valuable things as per tradition. Being a stock investor it is always good to invest in stocks for long term investment. Here are some stocks that can be a good pick for long term at Diwali this year.
1. ICICI Bank : ICICI bank is a leading private sector bank and has given very attractive return in last 1 year. ICICI Bank is fundamentally a strong company and has succeed to reduce their NPA ( Non- performing Assets). Financials of the company is also a good reason, why this stock should be there in portfolio.
2. ITC : ITC is an Indian multinational company has diversified products like hotels, consumer products, paperboards, tobacco and much more. ITC is fundamentally a strong company with positive financial figures. Because of sharp correction ITC is available at very attractive price and can be a good pick for investment purpose.
3. HDFC Life : Indian insurance sector is growing very fast specially life insurance. HDFC Life is aggressively working on to grab this opportunity. This company is strong fundamentally as well as financially. Stock price of HDFC Life has almost doubled in last two years. It can be there in portfolio if one is looking for a pick from Insurance sector.
4. Ashok Leyland : Auto sector has bleeded most in recent downfall of stock market. Indian auto sector has witnessed their worst days in last couple of months. All the stocks from auto sector are trading at discount. Ashok Leyland, the leader company in commercial vehicle segment has faced their tough times in last 1 year because of decrease in demand and new government norms. During the period of last 1 year stock prices had come down from Rs. 120 to Rs. 65. Fundamentally it is very strong but because of recession in auto sector financials are too good. It can be a good pick if one has long term perspective.
5. Larsen & Turbo : Larsen & Turbo is a leading infrastructure company. Company has aggressively working on cost efficiency, quality and expansion. This stock is currently available at very attractive price. It can be a good pick if looking for a stock from Infrastructure sector.
6. Infosys: Infosys a leading IT sector Indian multinational conglomerate has maintained their performance quarter to quarter.It is a large cap stock with an estimated capital of Rs. 3,50,000 crores. It has maintained a sustainable growth trend in revenue and profit. This stock has also very attractive P/E ratio because of some sharp correction. US-China trade war is a cause of worry as this company has very strong presence in US market.
7. Coal India: Government has approved 100% FDI in coal mining and this decision would attract investment in mining sector. Being a leader firm in coal mining sector Coal India expect a boom in demand and improvement in operation and efficiency. One more reason why Coal India can be good pick is P/E ratio which is very attractive.
8. Bharti Airtel: Leading communication sector company Bharti Airtel has faced a very tough competition with Jio. But because of strategic move and efficiency company has maintained their position. Airtel has also shown a significant growth in terms of revenue and profit from wireless and DTH business. Airtel can be a good pick in your portfolio for long term.
9. IDFC First: Another stock that can be a good bet for long term investment is IDFC First from banking sector. This undervalued stock is available on very attractive price. IDFC First has maintained a sustainability in terms of revenue and profit and strategically working on growth and expansion by entering in partnership and acquisition.
10. Spice jet: Aviation sector has also bleeded in last couple of months and sees a sharp correction. Due to increase in crude oil prices and Jet airways financial crisis aviation sector failed to gain the trust of Investors. It is expected that aviation sector may see boom in demand due to festive season and fall in crude oil prices and being a leading company Spice jet can enjoy the gain.
Disclaimer: This post is purely for informative purpose and doesn't recommend to buy or sell any stock. We also doesn't endorse the opinion and views shared. Kindly consult with your Investment Adviser before taking any decision.